Arsenal Retail is made up of five different areas:
- E-commerce (responsible for Online sales within the UK & Globally)
- Stores (The Armoury Flagship store, plus 2 others and match day outlets)
- Global Licensing (Licensing the right to use the Arsenal brand on products globally)
- Stadium tours (Circa 200,000 Stadium visitors, business viewed as a tourist attraction)
- Buying & Merchandising (whom source the majority of the products we sell Online & In Store)
Arsenal is one of the largest football clubs in the world by revenue derived from broadcast, ticket and hospitality and commercial sources. The Arsenal brand has incredible strength led by Arsenal Digital, a 30 strong team based building reach and engagement across our fan base, with 38m Facebook followers, 16.2m on Twitter and over 2m Arsenal digital members. The club has also made a significant investment in a leading CRM system to drive incremental revenue through customer insight.
Retail has recently replaced all head office, warehouse and stores systems to provide a strong foundation for growth over the next 5 years. E-commerce has also recently upgraded to the Hybris (SAP) platform, enabling scalable growth for Arsenal Direct. Alongside this, new A/B testing, payment and delivery systems have been put into place to provide a world-class technology infrastructure to support the e-commerce team.
Additionally, the club is expanding the size and capabilities of the e-commerce team to maximise growth opportunities in the medium term. Ultimately the objective is to develop the best e-commerce business in world football.
Oversee the E Commerce Experience team, to drive continuous improvements in our operational effectiveness, to enhance our fan experience both pre and post purchase.
- Custodian of our Fan Experience - Own the end to end purchase journey (Pre and Post) and identify, through your team and customer feedback, tactical and strategic initiatives to improve our fan experience
- Keep up to date with industry trends - Be a subject matter expert in the e-commerce space, to drive innovation and suggest improvements to the Product Owner
- Management of support backlog and ticket resolution with KPS - In partnership with our Hybris service integrator (KPS), take full ownership of raising tickets for any bugs/defects identified within the Arsenal Direct infrastructure; Work with KPS to identify and test proposed fixes; Coordinate with our other technology partners or agencies to ensure we have the right expertise to resolve each issue
- Budget ownership - Responsible for managing & tracking our monthly support budget with KPS, to ensure we stay within our allocated hours and are appropriately prioritising the available resources to continuously improve our fan experience
- People management - Manage, mentor and motivate the E Commerce Experience Team, consisting of 2 direct reports and 2-3 indirect reports, ensuring those individuals strike the right balance between reactivity and proactivity
- First response to system monitoring alerts/outages; Tribe, Netacea, Google Cloud/Dynatrace, Adyen, Global-e etc - Act as our super-user for all our customer experience monitoring tools and respond to alerts generated, coordinating the necessary corrective action either with KPS, our I.T function &/or the relevant tech partner
- Kit launch oversight - Manage all critical product launches, such as Home, Away, Third & limited editions to ensure;
- Thorough preparation has taken place ahead of the launch, to ensure all foreseeable operational risks have been mitigated
- All tech partners and experience monitoring tools are pre warned about each launch
- All team members are operating to a clear launch plan and aware what tasks they need to perform and when on launch days
- Products launch on time and the site is continuously monitored to protect our fan experience
- Performance/Load Testing - Collaborate with the E Commerce Product Owner to periodically run performance/load tests with our testing partner, to stress test both new functionality and bug fixes ahead of key trading periods
- Relationship point - Rebound, Sorted, Carriers, Adyen, Global-e - Own the commercial relationships with our carriers for both domestic and international shipments. This includes negotiating our outbound & inbound parcel costs with Royal Mail, DPD, DHL, Parcel Force etc, as well as our Click and Collect partners
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Educated to Degree standard desirable
- ISTQB and/or CSTE software testing certification(s) desirable
- -Minimum 3 years' experience managing an E Commerce operations/experience team
- -Strong line manager, with proven coaching abilities
- -Knowledge of Hybris (SAP) essential, ideally of version 20.05
- -Knowledge of Microsoft Navision (ERP system) desirable
- -Demonstrable evidence of driving tangible improvements in customer service, experience and/or operational effectiveness
- -Demonstrable experience of building high quality relationships with stakeholders across the Club to generate increased eCommerce activity and revenue
- -Uses initiative and is proactive, helping to create and implement new ideas
- -Actively cooperates and communicates with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- -Works skill and urgency, managing multiple workstreams
- -Must be a fast learner, with an aptitude to master new systems quickly
- -Proven experience managing a team; has a mentoring and efficient management style
- -Builds and maintains positive working relationships at all levels (both internal and managing 3rd parties effectively)
- -Strong negotiation skills
- -Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- -Excellent attention to detail but pragmatic in nature
- -Passionate about making a difference, with naturally high levels of drive
- -A natural aptitude and passion for innovation
40 hours, 5 days a week. Flexibility of working hours at key business times particularly kit launch, Christmas and New Year periods.
Equal Opportunities Policy
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and our employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process are required, this should be indicated on the application.
If a person is likely to meet the definition of being a 'disabled person' according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer an interview if the minimum criteria is met for the role. The option of a guaranteed interview should be requested. The information shared with us about health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.
Closing Date: 16/05/2021