Arsenal Retail is made up of five different areas:
- E-commerce (responsible for Online sales within the UK & Globally)
- Stores (The Armoury Flagship store, plus 2 others and match day outlets)
- Global Licensing (Licensing the right to use the Arsenal brand on products globally)
- Stadium tours (Circa 200,000 Stadium visitors, business viewed as a tourist attraction)
- Buying & Merchandising (whom source the majority of the products we sell Online & In Store)
Arsenal is one of the largest football clubs in the world by revenue derived from broadcast, ticket and hospitality and commercial sources. The Arsenal brand has incredible strength led by Arsenal Digital, a 30 strong team based building reach and engagement across our fan base, with 38m Facebook followers, 16.2m on Twitter and over 2m Arsenal digital members. The club has also made a significant investment in a leading CRM system to drive incremental revenue through customer insight.
Retail has recently replaced all head office, warehouse and stores systems to provide a strong foundation for growth over the next 5 years. E-commerce has also recently upgraded to the Hybris (SAP) platform, enabling scalable growth for Arsenal Direct. Alongside this, new A/B testing, payment and delivery systems have been put into place to provide a world-class technology infrastructure to support the e-commerce team.
Additionally, the club is expanding the size and capabilities of the e-commerce team to maximise growth opportunities in the medium term. Ultimately the objective is to develop the best e-commerce business in world football.
Support the growth of the Arsenal Direct business by taking ownership of delivering our E-Commerce roadmap, consisting of a mixture of strategic and tactical priorities, to markedly improve our fan experience.
- Roadmap ownership - Responsible for driving and delivering the E Commerce priorities each year, with an emphasis on launching new functionality to time, specification and within agreed budget parameters
- Continuously review the relevance of our planned roadmap deliverables and re prioritise in light of customer feedback, industry trends and changing business priorities
- Internal liaison to capture stakeholder requirements - Responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders, to understand what new functionality is required and why, as well as generating ideas and solutions in collaboration with other departments
- E-Commerce platform representative - act as conduit between the E-Commerce department and wider business, understanding needs of departments across the Club and translating them into the E-Commerce space
- Creation of business cases for new functionality, in collaboration with E Commerce & Finance colleagues, to assist with securing the required Capex funds
- Creation of detailed user stories to define new functionality - Preparing materials to illustrate the desired new functionality/customer journey from a fan's perspective and an E Commerce team member's point of view where appropriate
- Ownership of the briefing and discovery process with our service integrators/development partners &/or AFC I.T teams, to ensure the new functionality is clearly defined & understood
- Ownership of the quotation process - including scrutiny and approval of the project SOW's (Scheme of Work) and documenting any CR's (Change requests) that arise during major projects
- Project management of KPS/AFC I.T - Accountability to manage each individual project from conception to delivery with our development partners (external or internal). This includes re-prioritisation of development projects based on dynamic sprint windows/code freezes
- Testing and implementation of new functionality - Ahead of go live, test all new functionality in UAT environments to identify any defects
- Bug raising/defect resolution - Creation, ownership & management of bug/defect list, through to successful resolution
- Ownership of the go no go decision process in conjunction with the Senior E Commerce Manager
- Ideation for new Capex projects, based on data driven recommendations from the E Commerce team/experience, industry trends and customer feedback
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Product Owner (CSPO) status required, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification desirable
- PMP - Project Management Professional status desirable
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager
- Demonstrable experience of delivering both strategic and tactical improvements to an excellent standard, within a high growth E Commerce business
- Demonstrable experience of building high quality relationships with stakeholders across the Club to generate increased eCommerce activity and revenue
- Strong knowledge of Hybris (SAP) required (Version 20.05 ideally)
- Accustomed to 'Agile' methodologies
- Experience working with Global-e and Adyen desirable but not essential
- Actively cooperates and communicates with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration across departments
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels and harnesses those relationships to bring business ideas and initiatives to completion
- Works seamlessly and collaboratively with internal departments & manages 3rd parties effectively
- A natural and articulate communicator who is able to adapt own style fluidly according to the situation
- Is able to break down technical concepts and challenges to non-technical audiences
- Must be comfortable working under pressure
- Uses initiative and is proactive; helping to create and implement new ideas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Passionate about making a difference, with naturally high levels of drive
40 hours, 5 days a week. Flexibility of working hours at key business times particularly kit launch, Christmas and New Year periods.
Equal Opportunities Policy
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and our employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process are required, this should be indicated on the application.
If a person is likely to meet the definition of being a 'disabled person' according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer an interview if the minimum criteria is met for the role. The option of a guaranteed interview should be requested. The information shared with us about health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.
Closing Date: 16/05/2021