The Venue Team is responsible for the sales and fulfilment of all seasonal and match-by-match ticketing inventory across all General Admission (GA) and Premium areas of the stadium.
The Venue Team also manages the service of all fans on matchdays and non-matchdays, either via the contact centre or via the Premium Memberships team.
The department is also responsible for the matchday operation across all areas of the stadium, including stadium access, the food and beverage operation and all fan experience inside and outside the venue.
In addition, the department is responsible for driving the technological enhancements to ensure our venue remains world-class and our supporters are given the best possible experience with every interaction.
The Venue team is chiefly responsible for maximising commercial opportunity from every seat in the stadium and simultaneously delivering a best-in-class service to all supporters and visitors to Emirates Stadium regardless of where they sit in the venue.
- To lead on the day-to-day operation of the Disability Liaison Team, managing contact from and service to our disabled supporters and visitors.
- To support the delivery of a complete Access Strategy across Arsenal Football Club, including facilities and services on matchday and non-matchday, digital, retail, and events.
- To pro-actively support the Disability Access Manager with Club wide compliance, championing disabled supporters and visitors, help drive innovation and change, and promote disability awareness and inclusion across all Club functions.
- To be the Club's appointed Disability Liaison Officer.
- To have a clear and precise understanding of all existing relevant legislation, guidelines and best practice, including the Equality Act 2010, accessible stadia guidance (e.g. CAFE and UEFA Access for All and the UK Accessible Stadia) To keep up to date with new legislation, good practice guidance, and innovation in the accessibility space.
- To provide and manage the points of contact for disabled supporters, via telephone, email, letter and face to face, working with Fan Services to ensure sufficient resources to maintain timely and quality responses and resolutions.
- Manage escalations and complaints relating to disabled supporters, facilities, or services.
- Manage, with the assistant of specialist Fan Services Advisors, the allocations and processing of disabled supporter memberships, tickets, and parking provision. To include the provision of Personal Assistant tickets in line with Club Policy.
- To build relationships with the Arsenal Disabled Supporters Association committee and members, other Club's DLO's, and external organisations (such as Level Playing Field, Caf etc) developing a collaborative approach to the improvement of facilities and services for disabled supporters and visitors.
- To promote the needs of disabled people within the club and "champion" disability issues, sharing relevant information across teams to ensure a Club wide approach to supporting the needs of disabled fans.
- To support the operation of the Disabled Supporters Match Day Lounge
- To support disability related projects as defined by the Disability Access Manager.
- To support with Disability Confidence Training as requested
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management
Match/Event responsibilities and organisation
Matchday working expected - all home matchdays and occasional First Team away fixtures. This may involve travel across the UK and Europe.
To liaise with other DLO's and Clubs regarding matchdays arrangements for disabled supporters coming to Emirates Stadium
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Experience in an Access/Disability Liaison related role
- Experience in a sports/entertainment venue
- Customer focussed with exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills - the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach
- Pro-active and engaging style
- Remain calm under pressure
- Highly organised with rigorous attention to detail
- Commitment to equal opportunities
Arsenal FC believes that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch. We encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and mixed-heritage candidates. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for applicants and employees and aim to appoint on merit from a diverse talent pool.
Closing Date: 08/12/2021