Arsenal Women Football Club (AWFC) is one of the most successful female football clubs in the history of the female game. It prides itself on maintaining high standards and delivering excellence.
The aim of AWFC is to provide a world leading football programme for all players, concentrating on producing world leading players with good characters.
To establish and lead a 'best in class' talent ID and recruitment process.
To design, implement & provide scouting services to AWFC, in order to support the identification and analysis of suitable players for transfer activity.
- Develop a Recruitment Strategy in association with the Head of Women's Football (HOWF) & Head Coach (HC).
- To produce a target Player database that includes Player contract dates and likely values
- Provide key support to the HOWF & HC in the identification and assessment of AWFC prospective targets
- Produce detailed player reports using relevant digital platforms as required by the department to support the identification and cross-checking of players.
- Have knowledge of current and proposed WSL Home Grown Player rules and GBE criteria in order to assess player qualification and squad compliance.
- Build an in-depth specialist knowledge of AWFC standard players within the women's football market and make informed recommendations for players who justify in person scouting (i.e. physical match presence)
- Collaborate closely at all times with relevant AWFC members, to ensure alignment across all practices, reporting and methodology
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge of key markets and players
- Conduct in-depth research into leagues and identified players and keep abreast of industry developments/movements
- Have effective knowledge in regards to the best possible youth acquisitions so as to ensure effective succession planning.
- Effective planning and organisation of a scouting calendar
- Flexible (and at times anti-social) working hours will be required in this role, primarily extensive Local and extensive National travel primarily, but potentially International travel when required on request
- Understand and comply fully with the rules and code of conduct for scouts, and approach recruitment with utmost adherence to Club values
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Enhanced DBS disclosure check
- FA Coaching and/or Talent ID licenses preferred but not essential
- Previous scouting and/or robust player analysis experience within an elite environment (Essential)
- Proven and demonstratable track record of accurate and identification of elite talents before they established themselves at the highest level.
- Possess a well-established and wide network of club, scouting and intermediary contacts to support the identification of valuable market opportunities and to provide the capacity to gather important intelligence quickly.
- IT literacy on the relevant platforms
- Ability to retain a very high standard of output whilst operating within strict and expeditious deadlines
- Use a high level of self-management when required to organise and coordinate a working schedule focusing on player priorities and communicate this appropriately at all times.
- Sound understanding of football (strategies, systems, philosophies, game models)
- Exceptional inter-personal skills that facilitate the effective delivery of performance insights, build connections and support a strong team cohesion
- Ability to undertake objective and thorough due diligence on prospective assets and a willingness to make substantiated recommendations
- Ability to use relevant digital platforms and adapt to emerging technologies to support efficient working processes
The ability to interpret and/or understand the role performance data plays as part of a modern, robust and effective talent identification and evaluation process
JOB EVALUATION FACTORS- (examples of)
Complexity and decision making
Identify talented players, being able to compare players between leagues and various age ranges
Providing feedback/knowledge/understanding on individual player strengths and development needs
Delivering results - commercial awareness, business and strategic impact
Use/harness online scouting capability to recommend and review players effectively
Work with the Technical Director and in collaboration with the wider team, to ensure recruitment functions as a seamless and interconnected operation that supports the Club's strategic aims
Freedom to act and accountability
Observe, evaluate and report on player performance
Networks, Relationships and Teams
Build relationships that help identify and attract appropriate players for the Club
Maintain contact with other Clubs and relevant organisations keeping up to date with changes/new players to the extent permitted by confidentiality
(Please note that this role is home/field based)
Closing Date: 11/08/2022