The department is responsible for the analysis of multi-disciplinary information with the aim of increasing efficiency and reducing risk in organisational decision making within first team recruitment. The ultimate aim is to drive Arsenal FC towards sustainable success by proactively identifying competitive opportunities in relation to (but not exclusive to) senior squad management, release/retention decision making and recruitment
To provide analysis services to Arsenal Football Club's First Team Scouting department, in order to support the identification and analysis of suitable players for transfer activity.
The role will focus on operating within the desired framework, with responsibilities including (but not exclusively):
- To identify and analyse prospective target players and undertake due diligence on potential recruits, primarily through the application of video analysis
- To utilise available tools to monitor leagues in order to identify potential market opportunities 2
- Collation and creation of individual player video databases to support balanced opinions and decision making
- Maintenance of centralised databases (video and written), working within the existing framework.
The role will also require the following responsibilities:
- To attend live matches if appropriate to analyse individual and team performance
- Play a part in a proactive individual player analysis process, both internal and external, including understanding and applying the existing terminology and principles.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out other tasks from time to time as related to position, and when demand requires to work anti-social hours
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Experience working as an analyst/scout in elite professional football is essential
- Ability to retain a very high standard of output whilst operating within strict and expeditious deadlines
- Sound understanding of football (strategies, systems, philosophies, game models)
- Exceptional inter-personal skills that facilitate the effective delivery of insights, build connections and support a strong team cohesion
- Ability to undertake objective and thorough due diligence on prospective assets and a willingness to make substantiated recommendations
- Ability to adapt to emerging technologies and their application in automating working processes
- Strong desire to continuously challenge, learn and move forward.
- To hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related field
- FA Coaching licenses preferred but not essential
- IT literacy on the following SaaS suites is essential: HUDL software suite (including HUDL Sportscode and HUDL platform), SBG Match Tracker
Arsenal FC believes that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch. We encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and mixed-heritage candidates. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for applicants and employees and aim to appoint on merit from a diverse talent pool.
Closing Date: 10/08/2022