The Travel Department is responsible for:
All official travel for the entire Club, including all the teams, Directors, staff and supporters, on a daily as well as match by match basis.
The Travel team's primary focus is to support the preparation of all Arsenal FC teams when travelling for fixtures, whether playing at home or away, and facilitating arrangements for those who travel to away fixtures or on Club business in an official capacity.
You will be working primarily from the Arsenal Football Academy, the football development department for Arsenal Football Club, based at Hale End Training Ground, which provides a comprehensive football training programme for elite youth players.
Arsenal Football Academy has for many years been a world leader in its field and is a constantly growing department within the organisation.
The Academy's vision is to develop strong young gunners - young men who are able to thrive in the face of whatever challenges come their way: in football and in life. We will achieve that vision by developing the most challenging and caring football academy in the world.
The coaching and games programme is the core activity of the Academy which is supported by a multidisciplinary team and wider holistic development programme.
The role of Senior Academy Travel Coordinator is to oversee and deliver the key logistical preparations for the Academy's players and teams, working closely with the Academy leadership and coaching staff.
Your main responsibility will be delivering a demanding schedule of both domestic league fixtures and overseas tours and tournaments. In addition, you are responsible for the daily movements of the players to and from their training facilities, organising vehicles, and communicating schedules with the players and their parents/ guardians.
You will line manage the Academy Logistics Coordinator, effectively delegate tasks as required and take ownership for their development.
You will have delegated authority to administer the Academy's Travel budget of c£500k and will be required to provide timely financial updates as required by the Travel Manager and Academy Football Operations Manager.
Finally, you are a critical link between the Academy staff at Hale End and the Club's Travel Team at Highbury House.
This role will require extensive travel and you must be available to travel to away matches, site visits, and on international tours as required.
Academy - Domestic and International Travel (85%)
- Plan and deliver travel, accommodation and all relevant operational requirements for all domestic and international matches and tournaments (including travelling party, team hotel requirements and dressing room specifications), producing clear and precise working documents and communicating to all relevant parties and ensuring all team needs are met and delivered to the highest possible standard
- Ensuring that suitable transport arrangements, to ensure that the most effective mode of transport is selected, considering both cost and time, has been organised and with relevant itineraries circulated promptly to those travelling and all key stakeholders
- Conduct site visits for all Academy tours/tournaments to assess every aspect of the trip including accommodation, training facilities, stadia, media facilities, security risks and airport operations.Ensuring that the chosen accommodation has been assessed against the relevant club standards and is suitable for the relevant age group.
- Work closely with the Academy Football Operations Manager to gain a thorough understand of their requirements to deliver a seamless operation.
- Support the team by travelling in advance to domestic fixtures where necessary to ensure that the trip runs efficiently, resolving any issues that may arise whilst away.
- Ensuring that the Academy Overseas Tours Policy is complied with for all tournament invitations
- Ensuring that all players and relevant staff have the correct documentation for travel by arranging visas, the validity of passports and other related tasks as required.
- Planning and supporting Academy Leadership travel when necessary.
- Support the various teams and work with the player liaison officers with ad hoc travel bookings.
- Undertake full financial reconciliation post domestic and international trips in a timely manner, ensuring all data is accurate and up to date.
- All arrangements must be made with Safeguarding, Health & Safety, and Emergency Planning always a consideration, to ensure that relevant risk assessments have been undertaken for each trip/ tournament, and that guidelines are adhered to, and working with the appropriate departments to eliminate the areas of risk.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships within the Travel Team as well as Academy staff, ensuring that relevant parties are always kept up to date
- Being the key point of contact for all team travel queries within the Academy
- Assisting and advising visiting Teams on transport and hotel options.
- Booking travel and accommodation for visiting trialists; arranging transfers, distributing itineraries, and organising visits to the Training Ground.
- Monitoring budget/spend/misuse of the Academy Travel policy (Addison Lee Cars) and meet with AL Account Manager every week to review spend.
Men's First Team - Domestic (5%)
- As required, support the Men's First Team's domestic travel operation (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup) through advancing accommodation location and completing pre-arrival checks to ensure all requirements are met and delivered to the highest possible standard.
Men's First Team - European & Tour (5%)
- As required, Travel overseas in conjunction with the Travel Manager; in advance of any main party, to work namely with local authorities, Police, the hosting Club and a wide cross section of suppliers to undertake pre arrival checks and successfully deliver the logistics of any trip overseas from start to finish.
- Manage flight details such as manifests and boarding passes and airport operations for the travelling party.
- Establish precise transport plans for all movements when overseas through communicating with relevant internal departments as to their needs
- Manage non-playing staff, club partners, and Directors logistics whilst overseas
Women's First Team (5%)
- As required, cover for the Senior Travel Executive in the planning and delivery of Women's First Team travel (both internationally and domestically) ensuring all team needs are met and delivered to the highest possible standard.
- All arrangements must be made with Safeguarding, Health & Safety and Emergency Planning always a consideration and work with the appropriate departments to eliminate the areas of risk.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Arsenal FC believes that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch. We encourage applications from women, disabled and black, Asian and mixed-heritage candidates. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for applicants and employees and aim to appoint on merit from a diverse talent pool.
Closing Date: 12/08/2022